CORAB Services, Inc. is looking for qualified candidates to join our team! Currently, we have an opening for a Service Technician and are accepting applications. Please download and complete our Employment Application and return to:
CORAB Services, Inc.
6150 West Yellowstone • Casper, WY 82604
P.O. Box 2946 • Casper, WY 82602
Phone (307) 473-2526
Fax (307) 472-3610
SERVICE HAND EXPECTATIONS
- Position consists of four main tasks: 1. Setting up and tearing down camp locations, 2.moving camp locations, 3.service calls to repair or maintain equipment, 4.servicing and remodeling housing and equipment at yard location.
- Training/ Probation period for first three months, complete training list with service manager.
- Guaranteed 40 hour work week.
- On-Call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Willingness to work 1-30 hours of overtime a week potentially (Corab covers food (within reason), fuel, and hotel expenses when out of town).
- Will be required to go out of town/state with little notice on occasion for up to 2-3 days.
- Lift 50lbs., and up to 150 lbs. on occasion.
- Be responsible for a company truck, credit card, and cell phone after probation period.
- Health insurance paid 80% by company for employee after 6 months (employee covers dependent or spouse cost).
- Simple IRA contribution match of up to 3% gross monthly income after 6 months.
- 2 Weeks paid vacation annually after one year of employment.
- Pre-Employment Motor Vehicle Report and keep a clean driving record during employment.
- Pre-Employment drug screening and random drug screening ongoing during employment.
- Request time off (vacation or time w/o pay) and sick leave days to service manager, document days requested off on dry erase board in advance (24hrs notice).
- Report any injuries and or safety concerns to service manager.
- Work both alone and in a team.
- Work outside in cold (down to -40) and windy winter weather.
- Complete any safety courses or trainings as needed.
- Treat customers with respect and keep them happy, promote company in a positive way, learn the equipment inside and out, maintain professionalism when on the job.
- Supply your own steel toed boots, all other safety equipment and FRC’s provided by Corab.
Equipment Service and Repair
- Service a house and equipment returning from field using checklist
- Diagnose and fix a broken furnace or water heater
- Wire an outlet, light and switch
- Plumb a toilet and sink
- Change out appliances (fridge, stove, convection microwave, water heater, and washer/dryer)
- Set a satellite dish and have re-hit
- Trouble shoot a water tank pump, frozen lines, frozen lift station or septic
- Build a winterized hose
- Panel housing interior
- Panel housing exterior
- Set up a location and manage time
- Set up a transformer, generator, water, septic and winterize
- Service a generator
- Operate a loader
- Service a loader
- Complete safety training (H2S, first aid/CPR)
- Use correct personal protective equipment on rig location as required
- Load and unload trucks in yard
- Know how to properly haul equipment
- Maintain service schedule on company vehicle
- Know location of parts and tools available in yard
- Know how to properly fill out a work order
- Know what tools and parts to keep on hand on truck and what parts to take for service repairs